Proof Of Stake mining
Proof Of Stake (POS)¶
- Proof-of-stake mining or POS for short is typically implemented such that a random coin owner obtains the right to sign a new block.
POSimplementation keep miners in full anonymity and simple with a push of a button.
- Open EvoX app, make sure the blockchain is synchronised and turn ON
- You can observe your progress in the
Stakingtab of your staking wallet.
- The amount of earnings depends on the wallet balance.
- Amount of earnings depends also of how many user are running PoS.
- When you turn
StakingOFF, balance will get unlocked right away.
- You can switch
StakingON and OFF without any limitations.
Server mode POS mining¶
In some cases it would be convenient to do POS mining without application running.
Here are steps to achieve it.
1 . Build
EvoXdaemon (evoxd executable) following instructions
2 . Navigate to
3 . Start
4 . Start wallet daemon in
simplewallet --wallet-file WalletFile --password WalletPassword --rpc-bind-port=12233 --do-pos-mining
WalletFile-- the wallet file name
WalletPassword-- the password of the wallet that is in use
12233-- port of your choice, e.g. 12233
Now this wallet now participates in proof-of-stake mining.