On occasion, you may notice that part of your wallet balance is temporarily locked.
The reason behind it is complex, but let us offer a simplified explanation here.
For more details, please refer to the whitepaper.
- As you may know already there’s no such thing as account balance in the blockchain.
- Instead each wallet consists of inputs and outputs.
- Due to the nature of incoming transactions, the amount in a wallet balance can get fragmented.
- When you try to send a particular amount, your transaction will be split in outgoing and change amounts.
- Here is example.
Ahas 100 coins and sends 50 to
- Transaction of 100 coins creates in the blockchain
- 50 coins goes to
Band 50 coins goes to
- EvoX network architecture demands 10 confirmations for this change transaction and that amount gets locked in the wallet.
- Therefore, lock time is 10 blocks behind or approximately 10 minutes.